Last Saturday’s article in the Telegraph, ‘On the campaign trail with Esther Rantzen‘, looks to me to be a model of how I expect many journalists will cover the election campaign in Luton South. It has all the elements I’m afraid I am going to have to get used to:
- A concentration on Esther Rantzen to the exclusion of anything else
- The obligatory references to funny shaped vegetables
- The obligatory insults to Luton
- A superficial understanding of the political realities in the town
- No mention of the Liberal Democrats
- No discussion of anything of actual substance whatsoever
Very, very irritating.
This content was originally posted on my old Strange Thoughts blog.